How do I export a surface from Civil 3D?
How do I export a surface from Civil 3D?
Export Civil 3D file
- Select surface > Right-click > Surface Properties… > Information tab. Surface Style: Top Triangles.
- Contextual ribbon > Surface Tools panel > Extract from Surface drop-down > Extract Objects. Triangles: Select All. Ok.
How do I import a Civil 3D surface into InfraWorks?
Importing a Civil 3D drawing into InfraWorks
- In InfraWorks, click the Create and Manage Your Model icon.
- In the Data Sources window, select AutoCAD Civil 3D DWG from the Add File Data Source drop-down menu.
- Select the new road surface and the corridor coverages in the Choose Data Sources dialog box.
How do I access surface Civil 3D?
To Edit and View the Surface Definition
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the Surfaces collection, right-click the surface, and click Properties.
- In the Surface Properties dialog box, click the Definition tab.
- To edit the general build information, expand the Build group and edit the values.
What is a surface in Civil 3D?
A surface is a 3D view of the land that can represent existing conditions, proposed conditions, or any other scenario involving the group’s surface. Understanding what they are and how to work with them is fundamentally important for Civil 3D users.
How do I export surface from Civil 3D to HEC RAS?
To Export Data to HEC-RAS Format
- Prepare your drawing data.
- Click Output tab Export panel Export To HEC RAS Find.
- In the Export To HEC RAS dialog box, for Surface, select the surface you want to sample for the stream sections.
How do I export points from Civil 3D to CSV?
To export a point, from the Prospector, in the point group collection, right-click on DG. Then click on Export points. Choose a folder on the computer to export the text file. Next, choose the requested file format (PNEZD CSV file is usually a good choice), then click the directory to save the file.
What is InfraWorks?
InfraWorks® conceptual design software lets architecture, engineering, and construction professionals model, analyze, and visualize infrastructure design concepts within the context of the built and natural environment—improving decision making and accelerating project approvals.
What are Civil 3d shortcuts?
A data shortcut provides a direct path to the location of a shareable source object. In a single operation, you can create data shortcuts for multiple objects in a source drawing. The data shortcut is used only for the creation of data references.
How do you make a surface in Civil 3D from Contour?
You can add contour data to an existing TIN surface….To Add Contour Data to a Surface
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click Contours, and click Add.
- In the Add Contour Data dialog box, enter the contour description in the Description field.
How do I import Civil 3D into HEC RAS?
To Import Data from HEC-RAS
- In Autodesk Civil 3D, open the drawing from which you exported the GEO file.
- Click Insert tab Import panel Import HEC RAS Find.
- In the Import HEC RAS dialog box, select the Site For Reach Alignment.
- Select the Style For Reach Alignment.
- Select the Alignment Label Style Set.
Can I view Civil 3D objects in Navisworks?
Civil 3D objects such as Surfaces, Corridors, Points, etc. are not displayed in Navisworks Alternatively, the need for an Object Enabler can be bypassed by saving the Civil 3D Drawing with PROXYGRAPHIC set to 1. Was this information helpful?
How to export Civil 3D surface with colored elevation profiles in Navisworks?
When user importing a Civil 3D surface with colored elevation profiles dwg drawings into Navisworks, the color of the surface becomes single grey color. 1. Open the civil 3d drawing 2. Go to Output tab –> Export Civil 3D drawings –> Export
Can I open a NWC file in Navisworks?
Once the NWC file has been saved it can be opened in Navisworks. The NWC file that is created within Civil 3D will bring over any Civil 3D or AutoCAD objects that are displayed within Civil 3D including XREF’s and data references. This makes choosing what you want to see in Navisworks very easy as you can turn off or hide any unwanted objects.
What is the NWC file in Civil 3D?
The NWC file that is created within Civil 3D will bring over any Civil 3D or AutoCAD objects that are displayed within Civil 3D including XREF’s and data references. This makes choosing what you want to see in Navisworks very easy as you can turn off or hide any unwanted objects.